International ocean freight forwarding refers to the person who is entrusted by the cargo owner and handles customs declaration, handover, warehousing, transfer, inspection, packaging, packing, transshipment, booking and other services related to marine cargo on behalf of the cargo owner. Ocean freight forwarders belong to the category of international freight forwarders. The international freight forwarder simply said that it was the agent before the cargo owner and the carrier (shipping company). After the buyer and seller reached a deal, the seller transported the goods to the buyer by sea. The seller ’s cargo owner considered how to transport the goods through the startup company. The company is considering exporting the freight of the terminal according to the schedule. The intermediate processes, such as trailers, warehousing, customs declaration, and many other trivial matters, both parties do not want to participate. At this time, the freight forwarder came into being and assumed the previous tandem work .
What is a freight forwarder?
The international freight forwarder simply said that it was the agent before the cargo owner and the carrier (shipping company). After the buyer and seller reached a deal, the seller transported the goods to the buyer by sea. The seller ’s cargo owner considered how to transport the goods through the startup company. The company is considering exporting the freight of the terminal according to the schedule. The intermediate processes, such as trailers, warehousing, customs declaration, and many other trivial matters, both parties do not want to participate. At this time, the freight forwarder came into being and assumed the previous tandem work .
International freight forwarders are divided into first-level freight forwarders, which can also be called shipping agents. They communicate directly with shipping companies. They have booking hatches of shipping companies in their hands. Second-level freight forwarders, freight forwarders with relatively large cargo volume, take the ship directly. The company's lower sea freight price; ordinary second-level freight forwarders, equivalent to half of the cargo owner, generally have very close ties with trading companies or manufacturers.
Export operation process of international shipping agency:
1. Export business link of ocean freight forwarding
(1) Collecting goods
(2) Booking: Generally, the shipper declares the plan to the shipping company or freight forwarder in advance, and submits a specific booking list to the shipping company or freight forwarder within the specified time.
(3) Preparations before shipment
① Compile all the booking consignment notes for different ports and write the bill of lading number, write the name of the ship, and compile a shipping list based on the contents of the booking consignment note and prepare a clean bill of lading.
② Submit the booking consignment note together with the bill of lading to the shipping agent to sign the order, so that the shipping agent can timely fix the shipping list and draw a sketch of the stowage plan.
③Freight forwarders should gather all goods in the port before loading the ship or before the ship arrives at the port, so that the ship can be shipped to the port.
④Freight forwarders should report to the customs with a full set of customs declaration documents (including customs declarations, warehouse receipts or packing lists and required official certificates, such as permits, commodity inspection certificates, immunization certificates, etc.) before shipment. Can be shipped.
⑤The ship arriving at the port must be suitable for the shipment of goods. Under special circumstances, you should apply to the commodity inspection department to inspect the ship and issue a certificate of suitable shipment.
(5) Rehabilitation work after the ship leaves port
① Send bill of lading. The freight forwarder will exchange the clean bill of lading with the mate's receipt at the shipping agency and promptly send the bill of lading to the consignor to ensure timely settlement of foreign exchange.
② Handle the goods with customs clearance, short loading and missing loading.
③Take the telegraph. The ship should send a telegram of departure to the consignee immediately after leaving the port.
④ Make a summary of the voyage. The freight forwarder should make a summary of the voyage in time after the ship leaves the port for future reference.
The import operation process of international shipping agency:
①Contract and accept the shipowner's charter and booking entrustment.
② Make a list of goods.
④ Send voyage instruction to foreign agents.
⑤ Do a good job in the storage and distribution of import documents.
⑥ Master the dynamics of imported ships.
⑦ Do a good job of handing over imported goods after arriving in Hong Kong.
⑧ Import agency.
⑨Check the bill.
Freight forwarders should check the freight charges for the cargo owners, carefully review the bills (including loading fees, overtime fees, bedding fees, bundling fees, miscellaneous fees, etc.) and liner freight list, and pay the freight to the ship owner in time. If there is a stagnation / speed clause in the sales contract, the buyer shall be provided with the fact record of loading and unloading in time or settle on behalf of the cargo owner and the ship owner according to the agreement. The freight forwarder should also prepare the ship's voyage profit and loss estimation form, and fill in the ship's demurrage / speed transfer and freight payment.
Considerations for selecting freight forwarders
1. Freight forwarders are freight forwarders, not actual carriers of shipping companies.
2. Freight forwarding is essentially the same as logistics (third party) and freight companies.
3. Freight forwarding is different from shipping forwarding. Shipping forwarding can represent the shipping company to deal with booking, signing orders, changing orders, placing boxes, etc.
4. Freight forwarders are divided into first-level and second-level freight forwarders. First-level freight forwarders have beauty tickets, and second-level freight forwarders do not have to and must go to the IRS to issue invoices.
5. The first-level freight forwarder can directly book bookings with shipping companies, but they are not necessarily qualified to book bookings. Many shipping companies only designate a few freight forwarders as booking hatches. So it's not that the first level is what happened. . . . Most of the tiers can only be limited to a few shipping companies with booking rights.
6. The first-class freight forwarder with nail cabin rights may not be able to get good prices and services. In many cases, the booking freight forwarder will instead get the price and space from the freight forwarder (other first-level or second-level) booking through him. .
7. The freight forwarding is very normal, it does n’t mean that all the freight forwarding has no strength, so do n’t just listen to what the freight forwarding is, and of course, if you are anchored, do n’t say that we are the first-class. The office is attached, it is attached, and ah, it ’s not like we are in the first level. The first level is not necessarily capable, but the second level should not think that it ’s a matter of concern. Well, huh, understand that the cargo owner value is whether you are suitable for your own freight forwarding.
8. The freight forwarder at the port (Shanghai, Ningbo) is not necessarily the first generation. More than 90% of the freight forwarders at the port are also freight forwarders or second generations without booking rights, so don't think that the freight forwarder at the port is good.
9. The main job of freight forwarding is booking, customs declaration, transportation, etc. Not everything can be done
10. The customs declaration is not necessarily a customs broker (company), the freight forwarder can also declare, some freight forwarders only do customs declaration, other things he does not do!
11. The cargo owner must book a booking with the shipping company through the freight forwarder. The shipping company takes your cargo owner ’s order and ultimately has to do it through the freight forwarder.
12. LCL booking is not ordered from the shipping company, but through the freight forwarding company. The shipping company generally does not accept LCL, so the LCL bill of lading is generally not a shipping company bill of lading.
13. The nature of NVOCC is the same as that of the first-class freight forwarder. The former is approved by the Ministry of Communications, the latter is approved by the Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation, the former can be issued by sea invoices, the latter can only use agency invoices. Both can issue beauty tickets. But if everything is possible, then you can only choose one.
14. The two brands of No Ship and One Generation can be owned by one company at the same time, so often you will see what freight companies are both a generation and no ship.
15. Choosing the freight forwarder mainly depends on his service. The service is the key point. Of course, the price also wants to be cheap. The price is good.
Accurately summarize the definition of freight forwarding: International ocean freight forwarding refers to accepting the entrustment of the cargo owner within the legally authorized range and handling the customs declaration, handover, warehousing, transfer, inspection, packaging, boxing, transshipment and ordering of the cargo on behalf of the cargo owner. Business class. Ocean freight forwarders belong to the category of international freight forwarders.
Dear customer, Good day, Welcome to VIPUTRANS, please describe the cargo information and demand in advance if urgent case please contact Email:email@example.com/Mobile phone/Whatsapp :+8613424475220/Skype:narrynisha
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.