Since the beginning of 2019, major domestic express and e-commerce companies have competed to increase investment in cross-border logistics, and many parties have deployed global logistics networks. Seize the cross-border logistics market and enhance its own competitiveness. So what is cross-border logistics? Let major companies compete to seize the layout. Let's take a look at the introduction of cross-border logistics.
The meaning of cross-border logistics
Cross-border logistics can also be understood as international logistics, which refers to the transportation of goods from one country by sea or air to another country or region, thereby completing the ultimate purpose of international commodity transactions.
What is cross-border logistics?
Image source: Internet
Characteristics of cross-border logistics
1. Cross-border logistics is different from domestic logistics. Cross-border logistics has a long distance, long time and high cost. Not only that, it also involves related issues such as customs clearance in the destination country (handling customs procedures).
2. The development of cross-border logistics is mostly affected by cross-border e-commerce. Cross-border e-commerce is inseparable from cross-border logistics, and the development of cross-border e-commerce has driven the development of cross-border logistics.
3. Competition is concentrated in the southeast coastal areas, and less in the central and western regions. Due to the economic development of the coastal areas of the Bohai Sea, the Yangtze River Delta, and the Pearl River Delta and the strong demand for cross-border transportation, the region's infrastructure for shipping and air transportation is relatively complete. Therefore, the competition for the supply and competition of transportation resources is the most intense. In the central and western regions, due to the relatively inactive economy, low cross-border transportation demand, and high transportation costs, the region's investment in international freight services is relatively small.
4. There is fierce competition among regions or a single industry, and there is less cross-industry competition in each region. Although the cross-border logistics industry has many market competitors, it is limited by its own financial strength, management, and technical capabilities, and because the national logistics market is separated from each other, its competition is characterized by competition among enterprises in a certain region. Such as the Yangtze River Delta region. Competition between cross-border logistics companies; or competition for customer resources in an industry, such as competition for customer resources in the electronics manufacturing industry, but less cross-regional and cross-industry competition.
5. Single service function, less value-added services, and more homogeneous competition. Most cross-border logistics companies can only provide maritime logistics or air logistics services. They can provide multimodal transportation (such as sea-air transportation) and cross-border logistics companies that meet different customer needs. When providing cross-border logistics services, limited traditional services For example, customs declaration and booking, transportation solutions are less provided, and the design of integrated and integrated logistics services is optimized, so homogeneous competition is more serious.
What is cross-border logistics?
Image source: Internet
Cross-border logistics transportation mode
Cross-border logistics small parts generally choose express or air freight, generally do not need customs declaration, customs clearance, can provide door-to-door service.
The bulk is usually by sea or rail, which requires documents and customs clearance. Time is relatively slow. But the price is cheap. It is the main transportation mode of choice for cross-border logistics.
International logistics mainly includes international express delivery, international plain mail, international air transportation, and international shipping
International express delivery: Express delivery through customs clearance, including:
① International postal express: such as mainland EMS, Singapore EMS, USPS (US Postal), PARCEL FORCE (UK Post)
② Commercial express: TNT, UPS, DHL, FEDEX, collectively referred to as the four major express;
③ Dedicated Line: Transportation abroad by air chartered cabin, find a reliable logistics cooperation company for destination delivery, and deliver it directly to your doorstep.
International postal mail: international parcels, postal parcels;
International air transport: take the formal customs declaration route and transport by air;
International shipping: take the official customs declaration route and transport by sea.
In summary, cross-border logistics is a cross-border logistics between countries. Cross-border logistics is different from domestic logistics. It has a relatively long time, high cost, long distance, and so on. It also involves the issue of official cleanup. Cross-border logistics generally chooses air transportation, land transportation, and sea transportation.
Dear customer, Good day, Welcome to VIPU, please describe the cargo information and demand in advance if urgent case please contact Email:firstname.lastname@example.org/Mobile phone :+8613424475220/Skype:narrynisha
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.