Logistics, or logistics (English: Logistics) is a system that controls raw materials, finished products, finished products, and information. 'Logistics' may also be referred to as 'strategic logistics transportation' or 'strategic transportation' for its ultimate purpose.
Seven major components: transportation, warehousing, packaging, handling, distribution, processing, and related logistics information.
The specific content includes the following aspects: user service, demand forecasting, order processing, distribution, inventory control, transportation, warehouse management, layout and location of factories and warehouses, handling and loading, procurement, packaging, intelligence information.
1. Transportation: logistics activities that use facilities and tools to move items from one point to another.
2. Inventory: Logistics operations that control the classification and management of inventory quantities and structures.
3. Packaging: The overall name of the container, material, and auxiliary used in accordance with certain technical aspects in order to protect the product during circulation, facilitate storage and transportation, and promote sales. It also refers to the operation of applying certain technical methods in the process of using containers, materials and auxiliary materials in order to achieve the above-mentioned purposes.
4. Handling: Handling is a logistics operation that mainly moves items horizontally in the same place. Handling is the operation required for the transportation and storage of goods.
5. Distribution processing: Distribution processing is the general term for simple operations such as packaging, dividing, weighing, sorting, marking, labeling, and assembly, as needed, from the production place to the place of use.
6. Information management: Collect and process the logistics-related planning, forecasting, dynamic information, and information about production, market, and cost, so that logistics activities can be carried out effectively and smoothly.
What factors affect the formulation of logistics distribution programs
The distribution plan should be based on the characteristics of the product, the sales channel and the demand to carry out different distribution plans. Generally, it is:
1. Dedicated line delivery, from the designated warehouse / place to the designated warehouse / place.
Main idea details: order (item name, specifications, quantity, etc.)-ordering (delivery requirements)-transportation (security)-acceptance (item name, specifications, quantity, etc.)
2. Sales distribution, less-than-truckload distribution, can be called terminal distribution, mainly from warehouse to store sales or door-to-door distribution in the express delivery industry.
Main details: order-picking (by area)-distribution (by route)-check (with order)-distribution (security)--signing (order consignee) if other special materials are delivered, Can make separate delivery plans
Summary of basic problems in the current logistics distribution industry
3. Some companies do not pay enough attention to logistics, but only consider the logistics service level as a sales means without making clear regulations.
4. Many companies are still treating all customers or goods with the same level of logistics service
5. Evaluation should be a task that runs through the logistics activities. It is necessary to check whether the sales department or customers have any claims, mismatches, late matches, accidents or damages. You can ask customers to check whether the logistics have reached the established standards, how much the costs are rationalized, and whether there are better ways.
6. The logistics service level should be adjusted in a timely manner according to market forms, competitors' conditions, and seasonality of goods.
7. Enterprises should view and design the logistics system from the perspective of profit and loss, rather than considering the logistics system from the perspective of a single sales department
8. The importance of logistics information in logistics services should be emphasized
9. The overall logistics service level is constantly changing, and customers' requirements for logistics are becoming higher and higher. In the future, it is also important to provide customers with information in various logistics processes.
10. Current logistics should put corporate logistics in the environment of large social logistics, and enterprises should seriously consider social issues such as environmental protection, energy saving, and waste recycling.
11. The determination of logistics service level should be an important decision of the enterprise
Dear customer, Good day, Welcome to VIPUTRANS, please describe the cargo information and demand in advance if urgent case please contact Email:firstname.lastname@example.org/Mobile phone/Whatsapp :+8613424475220/Skype:narrynisha
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.