1. 'Consolidate' is the English word for LCL, which is referred to as 'consol' in international trade and transportation.
2. LCL cargo generally cannot accept the designation of a specific shipping company. The shipping company only accepts FCL cargo bookings, and does not directly accept LCL cargo bookings, only through freight forwarder
s (some powerful shipping companies pass their logistics The company) can book the space with the shipping company after the consolidation of the LCL cargo. Almost all LCL cargoes are transported through the 'centralized handling and centralized distribution' of the freight forwarding company. The LCL distribution ports in East China are basically It is the port of Shanghai. General freight forwarders can only book space from a few shipping companies due to the limitation of cargo sources, and rarely meet the needs of designated shipping companies. Therefore, when transacting LCL cargo, try not to accept designated shipping companies to avoid consignment Can not meet the requirements.
3. When negotiating a deal with the customer, pay special attention to the relevant transportation terms, so as not to discover that the transportation terms cannot be met after the other party's letter of credit
is issued. In our daily operations, we often encounter L/C regulations stipulating that LCL cargo transportation does not accept freight forwarders’ bills of lading. Because shipping companies do not directly accept LCL cargo bookings, shipping companies’ ocean bills of lading are issued to freight forwarders, and freight forwarders re- Issuing HOUSEB/L to the shipper, if the L/C regulations do not accept freight forwarding B/L, there will be no choice when the actual transportation is handled, which will cause L/C inconsistency. Another example, when we were handling transportation, we found a consignment note stating: Goods must be shipped in container on LCL basis and Bill of Lading to evidence the same and to show that all LCL. handling charges, THC and delivery order charges at that port of discharges are prepaid. It can be seen from the original text of the above paragraph of L/C that the consignee has transferred all the expenses that should be borne by him to the consignor. This is because the consignor and the customer did not negotiate in detail on the terms of transport during the trade negotiation. To.
4. The billing tons of LCL cargo shall be accurate. Before LCL delivery, the factory should be required to measure the weight and size of the goods as accurately as possible. When the goods are delivered to the warehouse designated by the freight forwarder, the warehouse will generally re-measure, and the re-measured size and weight will be charged. standard. If the factory changes the packaging, the factory should be required to notify in time. Don’t wait for the goods to be delivered to the freight forwarder’s warehouse and feed back the information through the forwarder. Often time is already very tight. If you change the customs declaration documents, it is easy to delay customs declaration or incur expedited customs declaration fees. And port charges.
5. In some ports, due to insufficient supply of LCL goods and high cost, freight forwarding companies
specializing in LCL adopt the lowest charging standard for goods with a small volume. For example, the minimum is 2 freight tons, that is, less than 2 freight tons. All charges are based on 2 freight tons. Therefore, when the cargo volume is small, some of these factors should be taken into account when the cargo is transacted in the port to avoid passiveness in the future.
6. For some routes and ports that are relatively remote, and customers propose to deliver LCL goods to inland points, it is best to consult before signing the transaction and confirm that there are shipping companies and freight forwarding companies that can handle these remote ports and inland points. Sign the contract after delivery and related expenses.